Job Safety Analysis (JSA) is a proven process for controlling operating hazards and costs. Get a step-by-step overview of the process, and define your role in making it effective.
Through lecture, demonstrations, and workshops, you’ll learn how to develop and manage a JSA program in your workplace. You’ll also learn how to enlist participation from line employees, supervisors, and upper management.
The result: Better processes make a safer workplace – and that means improved productivity and higher profits.
Who should attend?
Full-time safety practitioners, safety committee members, safety coordinators, safety specialists, human resources, safety managers, loss control managers and operations managers.
You’ll learn to:
• Recognize and use important safety and health terminology.
• Understand JSA’s relation to continuous improvement in your organization. Describe human relations issues affecting accident reporting
• Identify and communicate the safety and financial benefits of using JSA.
• Gain support for and participation in the process from line employees, supervisors, and upper management.
• Identify the key requirements for a successful JSA.
• Recognize the hazards inherent in task performance.
• Develop appropriate solutions and hazard controls.
• Complete a JSA form correctly.
• Use JSA to develop efficient procedures that reduce personal injuries and operating costs
Assessed by written examination