Who needs this qualification?
This qualification has been created to provide an awareness of key environmental concepts and an introduction to environmental management systems.
This qualification is for all members of staff whose activities could have a significant impact on the environment or supervisors or managers who are being introduced to environmental issues for the first time.
• Learners will build understanding key terms and definitions of pollution,
• Identify primary local and global environmental impacts of their organization,
• Learn basic principles,
• Key concepts and importance of environmental law,
• Understand the business benefits of adopting an environmental management system,
• Identify key issues related to energy use and carbon management,
• Waste minimisation,
• Water use,
• Pollution and emergency planning.